This savory dish of Brussels sprouts in mustard sauce is a great meal. Oven baked Brussels sprouts will enchant everyone with its extraordinary taste, and a special sauce will add flavor and promote appetite. The process is so simple that it does not require special skills and efforts, and the result is pleasing and delightful ...
Due to the finickyness to climatic conditions, Brussels sprouts were not widespread, however, in spite of this, it gained deserved popularity among connoisseurs of fine taste. It is prepared in various ways, most often boiled, fried and baked. It is in the last way that today we will cook this original and seemingly unusual cabbage.
- First of all, rinse the cabbage, let the moisture drip, cut the stalks and divide them in half. It is not necessary to cut very finely, but to leave it intact - it will take longer to bake.
- Place kitchen paper on a baking sheet and line the cabbage in a layer with a cut up. Drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper, stir. Send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cabbage softens slightly and the surface is covered with a noticeably ruddy color.
- Next, prepare the sauce: pour about 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil into a deep small bowl, add hot mustard, balsamic vinegar, a little agave sauce and Worcestershire sauce. In the absence of agave, it can be replaced with honey or sugar. Mix everything thoroughly.
- In the process, the cabbage should be periodically flipped to the other side. Bake, and when ready, transfer to a separate cup.
- Drizzle the prepared mustard sauce over cooked Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Stir everything thoroughly and serve! The dish goes well both warm and cold.
Brussels sprouts recipe with photo
Did you know that Worcestershire sauce tastes very spicy and highly concentrated, it is actively used in English cuisine and is the most common seasoning among the British. Prepare with vinegar, sugar and fish.