In this detailed recipe, we'll take a look at the classic and the only true way to make the most popular side dish of all time. Do you think that just boiling the potatoes and then whipping them in mashed potatoes will be enough? No matter how it is! Let's take it apart and try to make an incomparable mashed potato ...
Among other side dishes, mashed potatoes are considered one of the most popular and always desired, and this is a fact that is hard to disagree with. In this regard, it is difficult to imagine that some of the housewives are not familiar with the cooking process. Of course, boiling potatoes and knocking them down in mashed potatoes is not a tricky business, although, as in any business, there are nuances and in order to cook delicious, perfect mashed potatoes, you will need to know some subtleties ...
Mashed potato recipe with photo
- The first step is to peel the potatoes, rinse them in water. In the process, peeled potatoes should never be left without water, otherwise the potatoes will darken. In order to avoid this, first prepare a small saucepan, fill it halfway with water and immediately put the processed vegetables in this dish.
- Next, cut the potatoes into medium wedges and place them in a pot of boiling salted water. Cook with the lid closed over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until tender. Readiness can be determined with a fork, piercing.
- Over time, we drain the water, put it in a separate dish, or you can first knead it in the pan itself with a crush or a special modern stainless steel device.
- Then pouring hot milk is important. If you add cold, the puree will darken noticeably, which is not desirable. It is advisable to add milk in a trickle, stirring in the process, so as not to overdo it.
- The last stage: add butter to the resulting moderately thick mass, which will noticeably soften the taste and the mashed potatoes will not quickly become boring. Add salt, depending on your taste, you can add a little allspice black pepper. Continue stirring until the puree is light and fluffy.
As a rule, mashed potatoes are served as a side dish and are excellently combined with many dishes, the recipes of which can be found on our website.