Homemade onion cakes will be just right with a rich hot soup for lunch. Although the kids ate them with pleasure. The cakes on the water looked more like buns and turned out to be just as fluffy. They gave off an unusual aroma, which I wanted to eat immediately
How to Make Homemade Onion Cakes
1. Put the peeled and washed onions in a blender, if not available, you can use a grater or meat grinder. Transfer to a deep bowl, add warm water, oil, salt, sugar and yeast. After stirring, you need to insist for about 5 minutes.
2. Then, sifting over a bowl, add flour in parts and knead the dough until the pack mass noticeably ceases to stick to the dishes and hands.
3. Knead and roll the dough into a ball, cover with a tea towel and keep in a warm place for 40-50 minutes.
4. In the meantime, the dough should be infused, it will slightly increase in volume, which will be much better and easier to give in to further processing
5. After a certain time, the dough needs to be divided into about 3-4 parts, on which the original size of the cakes will actually depend, first roll each cut piece into a small ball, and then, separately pressing down the center with your hands, give the appropriate shape
6. Lay a baking sheet with paper, lay out the cakes and send to bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cook at 200 degrees.
Homemade cakes on water are much more fluffy than those cooked in milk, and this is because any amount of baking prevents yeast fermentation and thereby the rise of the dough. Well, the taste and aroma of the missing baking replaces the onion added to the dough.