From butter yeast puff pastry, you can make extraordinarily soft buns with orange glaze, which will give off a sweet orange aroma. This recipe for buns is a little time consuming, but orange glaze is very easy to prepare, which makes the baked goods especially tasty.
Orange Icing Buns step by step photo recipe
1. The first thing to do is to dilute the yeast: for this, pour 100 ml of warm water into a deep bowl and add baking powder. Stir well and let it brew for a few minutes, until a "cap" forms
2. Place the butter in a food processor, add sugar, half a teaspoon of salt, and scroll until smooth. Then add 300 ml of warm water
3. Pour in the hammered eggs and turn on the blender. Whisk on a slow speed until the eggs are completely combined with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Next, pour in the previously diluted yeast and thoroughly scroll through everything
5. Gradually, in small portions, add the sifted flour and knead the soft dough, which should turn out to be moderately sticky, but not very dense. Therefore, adjust the amount of flour by eye
6. After thoroughly kneading the dough, transfer it to a separate bowl, cover with plastic and let it brew for one hour.
7. Roll out the rested dough in a layer, approximately 5-7 mm thick, or a little more.
8. Brush the surface of the rolled dough with butter. Transfer the dough to a work surface, roll it out thinly and brush with butter. Fold in three and roll out again, grease again. Repeat one more time. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, about 6 cm wide.
9. Laying on top of each other, fold the dough in three
10. Roll out again and repeat the oiling process again.
11. Fold the dough again in three and refrigerate in the freezer to slightly solidify the butter. Then divide the dough into four strips. If your size turned out to be a little wider, then you can cut it into larger.
12. And divide each strip into about 12 equal parts. At the exit, the pieces of dough should come out in size, about 2x2 cm.
13. Grease a muffin tin and place the sliced puffs in it. Cover with plastic and let sit for 30 minutes.
Actually, this is the easiest way to make puff pastry. And while it comes down, in the meantime, let's prepare orange frosting for our soft and fluffy buns.
Puff pastry frosting
14. And for this we need: 2-2, 5 glasses of powdered sugar and one orange, from which you first need to scrape off the zest, and then squeeze the juice
15. In one deep bowl, put the icing sugar, orange zest and add 4 tablespoons of orange juice
16. Stir all the added ingredients with smooth movements, using a whisk, until smooth.
Bun Glaze should be thick and smooth.
17. Well, then, we send the baked goods to the iron cabinet
18. Bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 175 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
19. Well, and the final touch: when baked goods are ready, let them cool for a short time, and then pour orange glaze over the puff buns.
20. All that remains is to enjoy the attractive citrus aroma of the glaze and delicate puff pastry. This is such an inexplicable combination of taste that you will simply lick your fingers.
- To make the buns more flavorful, add a small amount of vanilla sugar to the dough.
- It is imperative that you sift the flour immediately before you start cooking any baked goods, especially buns, and then you can be sure that in addition to the fact that the product turns out to be much more fluffy and airy, there will be no unwanted foreign inclusions in it.
- Yeast should be diluted in warm water at room temperature, otherwise, if diluted in cold or very hot water, the dough may not rise