In the fall, when the main pumpkin crop ripens, and it is not expensive to buy, the opportunity must be taken. We offer to cook the most useful heroic dish from it. Millet porridge with pumpkin is a classic of Russian cuisine, a healthy and dietary food that should be present in the diet of every person.
Pumpkin is an incredibly useful product, it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, it is recommended for people with problem hearts. Cooking pumpkin is very simple, it can be baked, stewed, steamed, boiled, and even baked sweet desserts. In addition, pumpkin is a virtually waste-free production. And the seeds are more useful than the pumpkin pulp itself. Any dish, especially cream soups or baby porridge, where pumpkin is present, is delicious, and with millet it is also satisfying.
- Prepare the pumpkin first, rinse it and wipe it with a towel, then cut off the required amount, cut into pieces and peel. It is recommended to cut the peel a little thicker, as a rule, this part is quite hard and tasteless. Cut the peeled pulp into small cubes and place in a saucepan.
- Pour enough water to cover the pumpkin pieces a little, taking into account the fact that more milk will need to be added later. Put on medium heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Rinse millet, place in a saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, it is necessary to remove the foam from it and add the chopped pumpkin to the pan. As the millet is ready, the pumpkin will be ready. You need to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then add milk and sugar to the millet with pumpkin. You can also add a small piece of butter, about 15 g. Continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Afterwards, move the pan into an oven preheated to 180 degrees, for about 8-10 minutes. Optionally, before putting it in the oven, you can transfer the porridge to a special pot.
Recipe for cooking millet porridge with pumpkin in the oven
Millet porridge with pumpkin in milk can be considered a classic recipe, an excellent option for a healthy diet without age restrictions. The traditional dish can be supplemented with dried fruits and nuts.
If someone doesn't really like whole pieces of pumpkin, they can be kneaded with a fork, but most often these very pieces serve as the greatest treat. Pumpkin porridge with millet turns out to be beautiful and tasty.