We present a culinary brand of Russian cuisine, the classic pea soup with smoked meats - a favorite dish of many, with an unobtrusive taste, nutritional properties and a warming effect. The cooking recipe is extremely simple, even a novice housewife can easily cope with the process.
The set of products and the general principle of pea soup is no different from similar others, except that smoked meats are added here. The consistency of the dish can be controlled by the amount of liquid and the cooking duration.
Pea soup with smoked meat step by step recipe
- Boil the smoked pork in a large saucepan with water, bay leaves and peppercorns for 1 hour.
- Strain the broth and the entire contents of the pot with a colander, separate the bone meat.
- Pour the stock back, bring the liquid to a boil, add the peas and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Separate the meat from the bones and divide it into small pieces, and discard the bones.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, fry the brisket first, then the onion and carrots, cut into small pieces, until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the pots of peas, add medium-sized potatoes. Continue cooking the pea soup for another 30 minutes.
- Until cooked in 5-10 minutes, salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs, along with garlic.
We looked at a step-by-step recipe for the popular smoked pea soup. By following the recipe, you can repeat the whole process without any hassle and feed your family a delicious and satisfying lunch.