Continuing the theme of blanks, we want to offer a recipe for a delicious ketchup from ripe tomatoes, which is superior to the purchased one in all respects. After all, homemade tomato ketchup made with love is a quality product made from natural ingredients without the use of food flavors and other artificial additives, taking into account the tastes and wishes of the family.
It's hard to imagine a meal without sauces. We cannot even imagine ordinary scrambled eggs without them. And as far as it is of high quality and harmless, we hardly think about it. So why not make delicious tomato ketchup or spicy adjika with your own hands from natural and selected products, because the process is not complicated, and you will see this right now.
How to make tomato ketchup at home - recipe step by step
- Prepare the food you need to make a delicious sauce. The tomatoes are extremely ripe and red. Also, for flavor, you can add two cloves to the ingredients.
- Rinse tomatoes, stalk and cut into large pieces. Place them in a deep cooking bowl.
- All other vegetables, after pre-washing and peeling, cut into smaller pieces.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a saucepan for the tomatoes, add cane sugar, salt and dry mustard to them. Add cloves and peppercorns. Pour in some vinegar.
- Place on the stove, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Next, cook the sauce, stirring occasionally over low heat - 2 hours.
- Then remove from the stove, let cool slightly and turn the entire contents of the pan in a blender until smooth. It is recommended to pass through a sieve to remove tomato seeds.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan, put it on low heat and continue cooking until the mixture thickens - 1 hour or more. Stir occasionally.
Pour ready homemade tomato ketchup hot into jars. For long-term storage, jars should be pre-processed and then rolled up for the winter. It should be remembered that the shelf life of natural preservatives largely depends on the quality of sterilization.