Many people think tobacco chicken is an extremely complex restaurant dish that requires professional skills and some kind of special miracle device to prepare. In fact, everything is much simpler than you might imagine. You can cook tobacco chicken in an ordinary frying pan, only for this you need to choose a small carcass and pick up oppression.
According to the meaning, tobacco chicken is translated as fried chicken in a pan. In general, the name comes from the foreign word "tapa", which means a frying pan, and the painfully familiar word "tobacco" does not participate in the process, like other smoking mixtures. The classic recipe involves fried poultry in oil with possible hot spices. And what is baked in the oven is a completely different dish.
How to make tobacco chicken - recipe step by step
- Rinse and cut along the breast and flatten. Using a hammer or rolling pin, beat off the protruding bones and press down to roll the chicken with a rolling pin so that it becomes flatter.
- Grind the carcass thoroughly first with salt, then chopped garlic. Rub all parts thoroughly with various aromatic spices and sprinkle the surface with ground black pepper.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, place the chicken with the inside down and skin up and arrange the press with the available means.
- For example, as oppression, you can use a pot filled with water, after placing a parchment sheet under it, directly above the pan,
- Cook over medium-medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side. At the end, remove the press, turn the chicken over again, cover with the lid and continue cooking for another 5 minutes total time on both sides.
It's 21st century, and the shops are full of everything. Albeit for money, but it is possible to find the right thing if desired. If you really want to, then following this recipe you can cook a much larger bird. To do this, you need to make an exciting trip to some specialized market and buy there a solid cast iron pan of the required size. And on the weekend, organize a picnic, get together in a large and friendly company to fry a chicken of tobacco weighing several kilos.