Cheese casserole is a unique invention of French chefs and lovers of delicious food. The dish is universal, suitable for everyone. And if necessary, the ingredients can be adjusted to taste and come up with your own recipe for casseroles with potatoes and cheese.
We offer several casserole recipes at once, the process of which is not very different from each other, but nevertheless, the cooking method is different. And also, in some recipes, instead of mushrooms, we will use minced meat and eggs.
Cheese casserole with minced meat and potatoes
In a simple way, this is a French casserole and this is a versatile dish where you can safely experiment and change the amount or supplement the composition of the ingredients at your discretion. In this dish, one thing is invariable - it is cheese, which must be present without fail and of which there must be a lot.
Step by step recipe with photo
Fry the minced meat together in a pan with butter, add the onion, pepper, salt and mix. Cook for 5 minutes, until the meat changes color.
Chop the boiled potatoes in mashed potatoes, put exactly half on the form in the first layer, then evenly put the fried minced meat.
Place the next half of the mashed potatoes in the next layer, smooth, pour over sour cream and generously sprinkle with grated cheese.
Cook in a preheated oven to 180 degrees - 20 minutes, until the casserole with minced meat is covered with a ruddy and appetizing crust.
French chefs should be thanked for such a delicious dish. This is their signature dish. And every Frenchman has his own unique recipe for casseroles with minced meat, the secret of which is the desire to eat tasty and economical food.
A simple potato and cheese casserole
- At the beginning, heat up 1 tbsp. a spoonful of oil and fry the onion cut into half rings in a pan for 2-3 minutes. Put mushrooms cut into thin plates, add salt and fry until golden brown.
- Cut the pre-boiled potatoes into slices and place them in the first layer on a mold. Put the onion and mushroom roast on top of the potatoes, pour the sour cream over the ingredients and put the rest of the potatoes on top.
- Switch on the oven. Grate the cheese and sprinkle evenly over the casserole. Transfer the mold to the oven. Bake at 180 g - 10 minutes, until the surface of the casserole, i.e. the cheese does not form a light golden crust.
How to cook
Potato casserole with cheese and mushrooms can also be cooked in a slow cooker. The process is identical and the sequence is the same. You can even say that cooking in a multicooker is much easier than in an oven.
Multicooker potato and cheese casserole
- Boil potatoes in salted water. Grate on a coarse grater. Also, you can use boiled eggs, which also need to be grated and hard cheese.
- Pour oil on the multicooker bowl and fry the onion and mushrooms in it for a short time. Smooth out the layer, put half of the potatoes on top, then the eggs, lay the rest of the grated potatoes. Pour sour cream over everything and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- In the multicooker menu, select the "Baking" mode, set the time to 20 minutes and press "Start". When ready, open the lid of the combine and let the dish brew for 5 minutes to evaporate excess moisture.
For those who do not know how to cook a casserole in a slow cooker, this recipe is the best option. Anyway, a multicooker is a versatile device, a smart machine that can replace the oven and simplify the process.